5.03.2013

Kaliana Brooklyn

We welcomed a sweet little girl to our family on April 24, 2013 (last Wednesday). Her name is Kaliana Brooklyn and we can't imagine life without her. She was born into the world at 3:16 p.m. with a little birthmark on her right side, weighing 8 lbs. 12 oz. and coming in at 19 1/4" long.





 I'm so grateful that she eats like a champ and has since the beginning. She didn't sleep well in the hospital but as soon as we brought her home she started sleeping well too!

Let's ignore the way I look in this one and just look at the little girl in my arms!



  Kamden loves his little sister and although he has had his moments of jealousy and seems to be throwing some more fits he is still a great little boy and he loves to help with little sister as well as give her snuggles and kisses!





Today, she had a one week check-up at 9 days old. Her stats today were:

Weight: 8 lbs. 10 1/2 oz.    72%
Length: 19 1/4" long    63%
Head Circumference: 13 3/4"    55%

She almost gained her birth weight back but we will have to go back in a week to make sure she is back at her birth weight.


 We switched to another pediatrician and so Kamden also had an appointment today. It was our first time in the office so we had paperwork for both kids and Kamden was a little out of sorts with everything being new to him. He wasn't on his best behavior and Kaliana wanted to eat while we were filling out paperwork. Let's just say we were a sight and it probably looked as if we had no idea what we were doing. I'm sure glad Nathan came with me because I'm not sure we would have survived if he didn't! :-) I will be doing an update on Kamden's stats and everything soon.

I have had some great help from my dear husband. He has only left me one day alone in the last 9 days when he had to go to a funeral in New York for one of his coworkers. That guy of mine sure is a great husband and father. I just love him to death. Her birth story is coming as a work in progress right now as well.

We sure are happy to have a family of four and that the sweet little Kaliana is ours!



2 comments: